We have had tons of requests for our recipe from this year's Annual Sip & Savor wine tour, so we have posted the recipe for you!
This is a classic Spanish tapas dish served in bars all over Spain. The Tabasco sauce gives the dish a slight bite, hence the name "Bravas", which means "fierce".
- 5-6 medium potatoes
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Spanish Olive Oil for frying (we baked ours to avoid excessive fat)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 - 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika
- Peel the potatoes (or not).
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise, then cut lengthwise again.
- Cut those pieces crosswise into 3 or 4 pieces.
- In a baking pan, drizzle olive oil and toss the potatoes to coat.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven turning the potatoes a few times while baking to get even browning.
- Bake until slightly crisp.
- In a saucepan, add the tomato sauce and saute for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and add the mustard, Tabasco, and paprika.
- Mix well.
- Adjust the sauce to taste the salt and paprika.
- Place the potatoes on a plate or in a wide open dish. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and serve warm, with toothpicks.
Double or triple the recipe for larger servings.