Do you have your tickets for the Harvest Stompede yet? This year's race and wine tour are quickly approaching!
The annual Harvest Stompede takes place September 10th & 11th, 2011. The weekend features a spectacular race through Leelanau's vineyards followed by a self guided wine tour of LPVA member wineries featuring world class wines and culinary delights that reflect the season's bounty.
Tickets are very limited for the race! Click here for ticket information and to sign-up as a participant.
Wine & Food Pairings:
The wineries of the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail are once again “going local” with our wine & food pairings to showcase the bounty of the Leelanau harvest!
- L. Mawby - Mac & Cheese with local squash and a sage cream sauce paired with their newest bubbly, Green.
- Silver Leaf - Local bratwurst & sauerkraut paired with 2009 Riesling – it’s an Oktoberfest theme with German Music!
- Bel Lago - Local Fall Harvest Vegetable Soup with Italian Sausage with Bel Lago Red, a cabernet franc blend with several select red varietals.
- Ciccone - Has comfort food at its best – classic hardy corn chowder with local corn and 2009 Pinot Grigio.
- Cherry Republic - Toasted puff pastry wrapped with local cherries, local vegetables and feta cheese paired with the 100% Balaton Cherry wine “Cherry Twist”.
- Good Neighbor Organic - Grilled pita, local cherry hummus, and naked brats with wine (and beer!).
- Black Star Farms - Grilled focaccia with Isidor’s Choice Pinot Grigio poached pear, Leelanau fromage blanc and carmelized wild leek paired with the 2010 Arcturos Riesling.
- Gills Pier - Barbudos en Salsa de Chile Dulce, a baked local green bean omelet with pulled chicken and roasted red pepper sauce paired with 2010 Riesling. A vegetarian option will also be available.
- Chateau de Leelanau - Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich featuring all local Beef, Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Cheese and Bread paired with the Solem Farm Red Wine.
- Good Harbor - Going local with Carlson’s of Leland fish pate served with grapes and crackers and paired with Fishtown White.
- Chateau Fontaine - Cincinnati-style chili with local onions (optional) and Big Paw Red .
- Tandem - Savory buckwheat crepes with Leelanau raclette, Shetler Dairy Milk, local eggs and honey cured ham paired with Ida Gold hard cider.
- Verterra - Smoked white fish chowder featuring local whitefish & potatoes and paired with Pinot Gris or Pinot Noir.
- 45 North - Smoked Carlson’s whitefish on crustini with chevre paired with 45 White.
- Willow - Local apple carmel crisp and Pinot Gris!